Web lists-archives.com

[kde-linux] Selection Markers in Folder View.

Is there any way to get rid of those circled "+" & "-" signs in a Folder View. It is very easy in Konqueror: just uncheck the box: "File Management -> General -> Show selection marker"

I perceive this as more of the Plasma hubris. They don't think that anyone wouldn't want this great feature. However with small icons on a small screen it makes it DAMN hard to click on an icon without hitting the Selection Marker instead. I also do not see why I would want to select a '*.desktop" file' when I am trying to open an application by clicking the icon on the DeskTop Folder View.

That other marker to display a really tiny view of the directory isn't a good idea either. The center mouse button appears to be available and would be much better. That tiny view of the directory should really be larger. A stripped down version (features not needed for this use removed) of the KDE File Selector would be much better (but it wouldn't be Plasma, then, would it -- ARGH!).

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch