Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] Konqueror and svg web pages.

john Culleton wrote:
On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 00:34:42 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan<1i5t5.duncan@xxxxxxx>  wrote:

john Culleton posted on Thu, 08 Dec 2011 15:24:33 -0500 as excerpted:

Are there any plans to have Konqueror to view svg web pages?
It already does as long as the appropriate optional lib is installed.

On gentoo, the package is kde-base/svgpart, controlled by USE=svg on
the konqueror ebuild.  That package
contains /usr/lib(64)/kde4/svgpart.so, /usr/lshare/apps/svgpart/svgpart.rc
and /usr/share/kde4/services/svgpart.desktop.

Well, it tried but the rendering was faulty. I have some text
along a curve that Konqueror shows at the top of the page almost
entirely cut off and of course not on the curve. And some labels
in boxes were misaligned.

If you go to the url listed below and try it in Firefox followed
by Konqueror (or vice versa) you will see quite different renderings.

http://websitedesign.wexfordpress.net/index.svg

-

John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: