Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] KDE File Search

On 11/30/2011 12:11 PM, Stefano Crocco wrote:
On Wednesday 30 November 2011 Bogus Zaba wrote
I have just updated from KDE 4.5.5 to 4.6.5. All running nice and
smooth, but I miss one thing - an old-fashioned file search dialog, like
I used to get from Dolphin Tools Menu. Here I could enter partial
filenames, contents data and properties (size, date etc). This appears
to have disappeared and been replaced with a panel which is accessed
from the Dolphin edit menu (eh? I'm not editing anything, just looking
for stuff) which is more limited and (to me) not very intuitive. Is
there a find-file utility somewhere else in the KDE collection which
lets you do filesearch the old fashioned way?

Thanks for any pointers

I don't know whether it's what you're looking for but there's a Find
Files/Folder in the K menu, which launches the kfind program.

I hope this helps

Stefano

Many thanks for both replies. KFind is exactly what I was looking for