Web lists-archives.com

Re: [kde-linux] Non-functional KDE 4.6 in openSUSE 11.4

On 2011/11/20 14:18 (GMT-0800) FrankK composed:

It's apparent to me that I have to be in the act of
an installation to take advantage of help from this
list.

Apparent in what way? Why do you think so? Your problem (per system) can probably be solved for at least one of your 5 systems in a matter of less than 5 minutes using a text editor by following the instructions provided upthread, no download or DVD necessary.

During the 11.4 install, the
graphics work flawlessly whether kde or LXDE is
selected for the installation.

The installer uses the same generic driver regardless of hardware in order to come as close as possible to guaranteeing graphic installation can proceed to completion. Rebooting the installed system tries to use the driver that best matches your gfxchip.

LXDE and KDE can both be installed at the same time (along with Gnome, XFCE &/or other DTEs), whether specified during or after initial installation.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/