Web lists-archives.com

[kde-linux] Re: Disable trackpad for one user account?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Thomas Taylor <linxt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 11:18:07 -0800
> Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way in KDE to disable the trackpad in an Asus laptop for a
>> single user? She's having trouble typing without making mistakes and
>> prefers to use an external mouse as a pointing device.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark
>
> Hi Mark;
>
> Which version of KDE is this for? ÂIn most recent versions the touchpad can be
> disabled on a per user basis by having that user go to "Configure Desltop >
> Keyboard & Mouse (Input in 4.x)", selecting touchpad and click on the
> appropriate button.
>
> Tom

Tom,
   This is 4.4.5. Until I emerged the synaptiks program that Doug
suggested I didn't see any indications that KDE knew about the
touchpad.

Computer->SystemSettings->Keyboard&Mouse

All I Saw was

Keyboard
Mouse
Joystick
Standard Keyboard Shortcuts
Global Keyboard Shortcuts

After emerging Synaptiks I now see Touchpad but it doesn't work
complaining about the driver.

Thanks,
Mark