Web lists-archives.com

[kde-linux] Cron emails don't respect my MAILTO

I set up a small rsync job to backup my kaddressbook contacts, using
SystemSettings.  I set a mailto, to direct the messages to my external
address, so that they would always  be on my mail server.  They are being sent
to my laptop local mailbox (/var/spool/mail/anne).

I've used 'crontab -e' to check the job settings - the mailto looks correct.
I've tried both with and without spaces around the "=" - can someone tell me
which is correct?.  /etc/aliases is set to send root mail to me, at my
external address - but the job in question is running as anne, not as root, so
that shouldn't matter.

I've completely run out of ideas for checking.  What else could be causing the
mailto to be ignored?

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group