Web lists-archives.com

Re: ktechlab KF5 - was - Re: May 10: Removing l10n support for kde4 playground-* repos

Albert Astals Cid <aacid@xxxxxxx> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. máj. 16., Cs, 1:08):

> > Bessdes that there's some missing libraries (i.e. gui uses khtml_part.h
> > but doesn't link to KF5::Html)
> > and there's also a weird loop in which stuff in src/gui/ uses stuff from
> > just src/ and that is bad given how src/gui wants to be its own static
> > library.
> >

> Around building `src/gui` is a lot of breakage, not just because of
> circular dependencies, but also because the generated headers from Qt .ui
> files are included in other directories and cmake fails to detect
> dependencies between the generated headers and the files from other
> directories which include them. For KDE4 I've just made a script which
> generated headers from `src/gui` first and run make only after that; the
> same issue still happens in KF5 but I want to fix it somehow. My best idea
> is to move files around, remove circular dependencies and modify files to
> do not include generated files in different directories / static
> libraries...

My suggestion would be not to use that many static libraries if you're having trouble with the circular dependencies between them.

Just start by building everything into a big blob, and once you have it building, see if you can chop it in different pieces.

Done. Thanks for the hint, now the dependencies on generated .h files are fixed.

I've tested it on KDE Neon User Edition and it compiled and ran (with some issues).

Cheers,
  Albert