Web lists-archives.com

KDE service provider for handling arbitrary links (namely tel: links)

Hi,

first of all, I'm feeling a little silly with my question, but here we go:

I would like to provide a KDE wide service provider for handling arbitrary
links, starting with tel:. I'm using SNOM phones, and I have created an
application (years ago), that is controlling the phone (now based on PyQt5).
That is integrating with kaddressbook and ordinary selections to dial other
parties. Dialing works by calling a script, similar to ktp-dialout-ui.

Since some time, special links like e.g. tel:+49... appear on the web, and
I've taught my browser (Firefox) to handle those as well. Now, I would like
integrate with kmail, chromium, ...

Ideally some desktop environment independent standard exists, but I haven't
found something obvious. Integrating with KDE Plasma is the next best
possibility.

I've tried /usr/share//usr/share/kservices5/tel.protocol already:
[Protocol]
exec=snomdial --dial "%u"
protocol=tel
input=none
output=none
helper=true
listing=
reading=false
writing=false
makedir=false
deleting=false
Icon=package_telephone

but that isn't triggered (some telepathy handler chimes in instead).

Could some kind souls point me to docs, examples, etc. please?

Thanks in advance,
Pete