Re: Code Review: Spectacle
- Date: Sun, 5 May 2019 22:44:14 +0200
- From: Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Code Review: Spectacle
Am 05.05.19 um 22:39 schrieb Nate Graham:
> ---- On Sun, 05 May 2019 14:16:01 -0600 Reindl Harald <h.reindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ----
> > Am 05.05.19 um 22:12 schrieb Nate Graham:
> > > As of 19.04, this is now an optional but off-by-default feature. Feel free to turn it on. :)
> > that's not the point
> > the point is that it makes sense for everything but *not* "rectangle
> > selection" and that i am tired after years now switch that checkbox on
> > and off for different use cases while before "Spectacle" all worked like
> > a charme out-of-the-box
> I don't think you could have been switching that checkbox on for years since it was just added in the 19.04 release which came out a few days ago. But feel free to make the case that it should be on by default and submit a simple patch that does it. I don't really object, myself.
what are you talking about?
* right next to delay there is a checkbox all the time "on click"
* you can switch that checkbox on for years (at least on Fedora)
* but it makes no sense apply it for every mode
* when i select a rectangle from my screen for a screenshot
there is not point for an additional click
* in case of screenshot of a window there is a point by say what window