Seeking participants for a recommendation tool study using KDE dataset
- Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 10:03:10 -0600
- From: "Devaiya, Disha" <d.devaiya@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Seeking participants for a recommendation tool study using KDE dataset
My name is Disha Devaiya. I am a computer science graduate student at the University of Lethbridge in Canada. I am here to invite you to participate in a research study about a tool for creating a recommender that will help with bug report assignment.
We are looking for 30 experienced software developers, bug triggers or quality assurance persons to participate in the study. A candidate must have more than 1 year of experience in software development or bug triaging or quality assurance. The research survey is open until April 14, 2019. By completing this research study, you will have a chance to win a $25 CAD Amazon gift card (odds of winning are 1 in 5). At the end of the survey, you’ll be asked to give your email address to enter the draw.
Participation in the study involves three parts:
- Completing an initial survey asking about prior experience. This portion is expected to take 5 minutes.
- Participants will work with a CASTR tool. Participants will be asked to create recommenders with different settings and different machine learning algorithms. This activity is expected to take a maximum of 1 hour. Click here to view CASTR demonstration.
- The last part involves completion of a post survey questionnaire expected to take 15 minutes.
Your participation in the study will require the use of a laptop or desktop computer with internet access. The study is not designed to be done on a mobile device. You can withdraw from the study at any time.
If you are interested in participating, contact Disha Devaiya (d.devaiya@xxxxxxxx) with the details of your work experience like open source projects you worked on, and technologies. The selected candidate will receive an email to participate in the study with unique Study Id, the detailed guideline to create recommenders using CASTR and survey link.
Thank you for your time. If you would like more information about the survey or how the data will be used, please contact d.devaiya@xxxxxxxx. This research has been reviewed for ethical acceptability and approved by the University of Lethbridge Human Subject Research Committee.
Mathematics & Computer Science
University of Lethbridge
- Prev by Date: Re: May 10: Removing l10n support for kde4 playground-* repos
- Next by Date: KDE Dev Docs Status and Plans
- Previous by thread: PSA: Use newer add_test(NAME <n> COMMAND <c>), check CI, esp. with min ECM >=5.38
- Next by thread: KDE Dev Docs Status and Plans