New GSoC proposal for KDE Partition Manager
- Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 21:36:49 -0700
- From: Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: New GSoC proposal for KDE Partition Manager
Title: Finish mdraid implementation and implement dmraid
Finish implementation of mdraid and polish current support
Most of the features such scanning, creating and manipulating software raid have been completed. My first goal would be to finish resizing of raids and then working on udev bugs. I am currently understanding the software raid implementation in raid-support branch and will polish the software raid implementation.
2. Implementing fakeRAID with the help of dmraid
Fake RAID is essentially software RAID provided by the BIOS on the motherboard, however, it has none of the benefits of Software RAID and none of the benefits of Hardware RAID, hence, Fake RAID. It works along the device mapper to discover and manipulate ATA RAID devices created by controllers BIOS. My goal in this project is to offer some basic functionalities for it, such as displaying, creating, erasing and manipulating partitions inside of these volumes. Fake raid is accessed with dmraid utility
In my opinion, this is a very slim proposal, but If any KPM devel is willing to mentor, I would appreciate you giving it a look and talking a bit with the student. While I hope that the student has already been in touch with the team, it's my guess that they have not, or we would have had a draft to comment on.
All the best,
- Prev by Date: Last minute GSoC proposal with Roks - anyone interested in mentoring?
- Next by Date: Re: Last minute GSoC proposal with Roks - anyone interested in mentoring?
- Previous by thread: Last minute GSoC proposal with Roks - anyone interested in mentoring?
- Next by thread: [ANNOUNCE] CMake 3.14.2 available for download