Web lists-archives.com

Re: KDE Developer Documentation Support update

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 3:11 AM Olivier Churlaud <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I started porting some tutorials to the  repos where they belongs as examples (for instance KWallet (https://phabricator.kde.org/D14955) and KMessageBox (https://phabricator.kde.org/D14957).

That's awesome! Thanks for getting this started!

In my opinion the tutorials should be all ported to their repos so that we are always sure they compile and are up-to-date. And the tutorial pages can thus be removed or archived.
Another bonus is that the examples can be referred to in the apidox at api.kde.org by adding  \snippet  keywords...

That definitely makes sense for the frameworks at least. It will be easier to track their status and history
that way. Then it could just be a matter of linking to them in the wikis (if only it were possible to embed
the examples without copying the content).

Hopefully, we can come up with a similar solution for the other tutorials that are not framework/API-centric.

--
Regards,

Juan Carlos Torres
Jucato