Web lists-archives.com

KDE Developer Documentation Support update

Greetings KDE Community!

I'm Juan Carlos Torres (Jucato on IRC) and I've recently been hired as a contractor to get the ball rolling on updating our developer documentation. Over the years, our community has produced an incredible wealth of knowledge that now needs our attention and love. While the job description focuses on new contributors, improving the documentation can benefit even KDE veterans.

I made a cursory survey of what I considered to be four important areas:

1. https://kde.org/develop - where most will probably start their search (if they didn't use Google)
2. https://api.kde.org/frameworks/index.html - the building blocks of all KDE software
3. https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials - where most of our tutorials still live
4. https://community.kde.org - various pages like https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development, or project-specific ones like https://community.kde.org/Plasma

These present opportunities where we can make a significant impact just by updating tutorials or ensuring the apidocs meet the library documentation policy or having Project pages that contain information newcomers need to quickly become part of the team.

This is something anyone and everyone can be involved in and I'm looking forward to making this journey with the community I've grown up with for 13 years now. Over the next few days, I will be knocking on some developers' and teams' doors to get your input and feedback on how we can work together towards this common goal.

Let's make KDE rock not just for its software and for its community but also for having first-class developer documentation for new and old developers alike!

--
Regards,

Juan Carlos Torres
Jucato