KDE Onboarding Sprint - Making it easy to setup a development environment
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 22:28:12 +0200
- From: tetris4 <tetris4@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: KDE Onboarding Sprint - Making it easy to setup a development environment
cross-posting here from the kde-community mailing list.
One of the major tasks for the Onboarding goal is to make it easier for newcomers to KDE to set up a development environment, so they can start working on the projects they would like to contribute in: https://phabricator.kde.org/T8484
We decided to organize a sprint to start working on this challenging task, in order to:
- Identify our needs
- Brainstorm available options regarding development environments
- Decide on the most appropriate solution
- Set the next steps in order to implement the chosen solution
You will find much more info on the related Phabricator task: https://phabricator.kde.org/T8623
The Sprint will take place in Athens, Greece over a weekend of May 2019. The place that is hosting us will be available for May 4-5, 11-12 and 25-26.
If you wish to attend, please fill in your availability on this poll so we can decide on a final date: https://framadate.org/kde-onboarding-sprint
I've also just created a channel on matrix for the sprint: https://webchat.kde.org/#/room/#kde-onboarding-sprint:kde.org
Look forward to welcoming you in Athens for a productive KDE sprint!