Web lists-archives.com

Re: GSoC 2019: Project Proposal for a New Game

On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 4:15 PM Stefan Derkits <stefan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Pranam,

this is the Deadline for KDE only. Until that day KDE as organization
can apply to participate in GSoC.

The student application deadline is much later. This proposal should
also be much more detailed, your proposal is more of a short idea in
line with the ideas we add to this wiki page:
https://community.kde.org/GSoC/2019/Ideas

Yes, for this purpose only I wrote this gist, just to give an insight into the idea. I would submit the whole proposal when student application starts if this idea is acceptable in the community and someone is ready to mentor this project.

In general, the idea seems to be more of a new playmode in KBrickBuster.
It seems a bit shallow in my opinion, but maybe you can expand to it by
e.g. having different objects behave physically different and/or add a
LevelEditor.

I have given it many thoughts of how I can make this new game/ new mode more exciting by different types of object and levels.

A GSoC project should take around 3 months of coding nearly full-time to
finish, so also thing about the scope of your project.

Surely it will take around that much time as it would require to introduce many different levels.

Thank you,
Pranam Lashkari