Web lists-archives.com

Re: GSoC 2019: Project Proposal for a New Game

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 4:20 AM Albert Astals Cid <aacid@xxxxxxx> wrote:
El dimarts, 29 de gener de 2019, a les 19:48:23 CET, Pranam Lashkari va escriure:
> Hello,
> does this idea look good to the community for GSoC 2019? And if this seems
> a good idea then is anyone interested to mentor me with this idea in this
> GSoC.

It's an interesting idea, but to be honest there's not lots of manpower in kdegames so it may not be easy to find a person willing to mentor.

As suggested earlier to ask KDE game community. I received a reply from the community and I am still finding a mentor.

I'll be able to achieve the target with just a litter mentoring too because I am having some experience in game development and I am also having the clear idea of the project. As discussed earlier here this game can be introduced as a new game or it can be introduced as a new playing mode in existing KBreakout. In both ways, existing classes from KBreakout can be reused and no need to start from scratch.  I did my last GSoC with "boost c++ libraries" and successfully completed which also makes me good with C++. Apart from that I also mentored in GCI this year with KDE community.

If there is anyone interested in this project and mentoring please have a look here[0].

[0]: https://gist.github.com/lpranam/bc6a0cf595a83d58e3c8c3f0ac6b1c3e