Web lists-archives.com

Re: Troubles with icon themes

By any chance, is the environment variable XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP set
when applications are launched within the Docker container?
If not, it probably should be set to 'KDE' otherwise the appropriate
QPA won't be loaded and you won't get any icons loaded (as the theme
won't be known to the application)

No it wasn't set (only using the generated kde-env-master.sh). But I tried setting XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP manually to KDE and saw no difference. Moreover, I can confirm with strace that ~/.config/kdeglobals is read (whether or not XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP is set), and its contents also affect which icon theme directories are crawled, ie 'oxygen' or 'breeze'.