Web lists-archives.com

Re: Request from Finland

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 3:55 PM edward krogius <edward.krogius@xxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you for answering.

Hi Edward,

Not a problem. While i'm not involved too closely in the porting of KDE software to Windows and macOS, I do know how to enable software to be built on our automated binary package build system.

I've now done this for KCalc for Windows and macOS.
(You'll need a copy of 7-Zip to extract the zip files from the Windows builds)

Cheers,
Ben

Here is a complete list of hw used in the exam
http://hwdata.abitti.fi/digabios_boots.html
Operating systems are mainly windows 10 and mas os
The exam runs on a USB booted linux ( see picture below )

image.png

But the students want to practise using the kcalc
so it would be nice to get the software to windows

I plan to install Kcalcin from :  https://sourceforge.net/projects/kde-windows/.
Using "Install form internet" and the Basic and
 utility-packages.

For windows there is a MacPorts-project (macports.org).
Install Xcode, then MacPorts. MacPortsin allows installing the basic,kde and utility packages.

I have a hp pc from our school without sys admin rights.
Therefore i would like also a zip for direct transfer to win10 64bit
or an image for transfer to usb but I am a teacher and we need
nice installation instructions for 30 000 students each year :)

Den lör 12 jan. 2019 kl 23:22 skrev Ben Cooksley <bcooksley@xxxxxxx>:
On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 10:09 AM Valorie Zimmerman
<valorie.zimmerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all, is there a better list for this inquiry? If so, please forward it there.

Hi Edward,

In order to best assist here, it would be nice to know which operating
system the students are running on their laptops.
Based on it not already being available, I suspect they're using
either Windows or macOS?

> Valorie

Cheers,
Ben