Web lists-archives.com

[QUESTION] KIO slave-socket shortcut - does it exist?

Background: I want to sandbox KDE apps and need to understand better how KIO works.

My current level of understanding is that apps ask klauncher/kdeinit for a KIO slave if they need one. Then either kdeinit spawns a new slave process, or there is already an idle slave and it is reused. Idle slaves kill themselves after a couple of minutes if no request is coming in. Communication between the slave and the app happens via a socket, usually to find in /run/user/$UID.

The question is if, or rather when, it is possible to shortcut this process. Do slaves, especially idle ones, accept commands issued by third programs via these sockets? Try to take the perspective of an evil-minded adversary.

Thank you very much!