Web lists-archives.com

Re: Getting Started With KDE

Hello Pranam,

Thanks for the response. I wish I could be a part of the Google Code-In but unfortunately I am too old for this activities.

Actually I am a first-year graduate student in Computer Science. But I started learning Computer Science since the master. So I have only less than one year experience with Computer Science and with programming. Thus I want to find a project not too complicated and still having bugs to start with in KDE. If you know such a project, please inform me. My prior experience was mainly in C and python. And I know the basic of C++ and Java.

I have read the development page thoroughly and it says I can email to current developer to get some guidance. That drives me to send this email. If anyone could give me some guidance to start, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Alex Wang

Pranam Lashkari <plashkari628@xxxxxxxxx> 于2018年10月29日周一 下午7:05写道:
Hello,
If you are a school student and 13-17 years old right now then there is a good opportunity for you as Google Code-In is on going right now. Take part in it if you are eligible. There are byte size tasks for students who want to get involved in open source.

But if you are not eligible then have a look here
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved/development

Thank you,
Pranam Lashkari