Web lists-archives.com

New Contributor...

Greetings all,

I am Patrick, and I wish to contribute to the KDE project. Before going much further, allow me to give some background information.

I am currently a college student, and I've been programming for about four years now. Most of my experience is in C++ using the Qt framework. In fact many of my projects are on Github, and can be found here: https://github.com/patrickf2000?tab=repositories.

I am a longtime Linux user, and I've been using KDE for about two years now. I recently started hacking around some of the code in the projects. I wish to start contributing, mainly to the desktop apps, as I feel that that would be a great learning experience, a fun hobby, and a way to give back and further improve (what I think) is some of the best software out there.

What are some ways I can contribute and get started? Yesterday, I did submit my first patch, and I'm working on another one right now for ksysguard.

I hope I can become an active and useful contributor in the community. Thanks, and have a wonderful day!

Patrick