Web lists-archives.com

Re: Fixing license header

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 5:34 PM Matthieu Gallien
<gallien.matthieu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have put a slightly incorrect license header at top of files. It is supposed
> to be LGPL v3 or later but contains a few errors and is not matching the one
> currently found on FSF site.
>
> I am not sure if it is necessary to ask explicit permissions from all
> contributors or if I can fix it directly. What is your advice ?

Depends on what's different. If the current header says "this is lgpl
3 or later" you are not changing the applicable licenses and don't
need to ask permission. If the current header says "this is lgpl 3"
(i.e. no "or later") you'd be changing the applicable licenses and
require permission to do so.
If only the blah blah or fsf address or whatever are different it has
zero impact on the license.

HS