Web lists-archives.com

KDE service for mounting storage resources

Hello! For some projects I'd need some kind of "service" being able to mount resources like SMB shares, FTP, SFTP etc... I read about KIO a bit, but I'd need something that can be passed also to non-KIO applications.
I read the code of smb4k and it seems to do exactly what I need: using KAuth and mounting to some specific path. But this seems a bit tied to the specific application and only supporting SMB. What I'd need is some kind of service, a bit like udisks, in order to mount on request from other processes.
On IRC someone told me something like this may already be into Plasma: is there someone able to provide more info?
Thanks!
Regards.

Luca