Web lists-archives.com

Re: KGlobalAccel is only Plasma centric?

Am 25. Juli 2018 10:46:48 MESZ schrieb Kai Uwe Broulik <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>Hi,
>
>I don't think it's strictly Plasma-specific *but* you would need
>kglobalaccel5
>daemon running for shortcuts to work. Not sure how feasible that is
>elsewhere?
>
>Maybe needs an in-process option like KIO has it for other platforms
>iirc.

kglobalaccel5 gets autostarted when needed and works on X11 unless the shortcuts are already taken by another de-specific shortcut system.

On Wayland kglobalaccel needs support from the compositor which to my knowledge only KWin provides. No in-process solution could fix this.

Cheers
Martin