Web lists-archives.com

Re: Arch Linux Update Notifier for KDE

El diumenge, 15 de juliol de 2018, a les 19:49:06 CEST, Michael Harris va escriure:
> Hey all I wanted to help generate awareness for an Update Notifier plasmoid
> for Arch Linux and possibly create an online blog post to help people know
> about it.

Hey!

I wanted to give you some comment on the content of the page.

You're calling the software "KDE Plasmoid" in two places in Readme.md

Given that KDE is a group of people (from kde.org) by calling it "KDE Plasmoid" it may give the impression that is actually a Plasmoid written by the KDE people themselves.

I would like to suggest that you change that "KDE Plasmoid" to just "Plasmoid", what do you think?

Also in the "Requires:" section you write "KDE desktop environment", which is correct, as it needs a desktop environment written by KDE, but not as accurate as possible.

I would like to suggest that you change that "KDE desktop environment" to "Plasma desktop environment", what do you think?

On the code side, are you thinking about enabling this for translations? I see you're missing a few i18n calls.

Cheers,
  Albert