Re: kdesrc-build: cmake should take local (instead of system-wide) cmake modules
- Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 10:32:29 +0200
- From: "gregor.mi.sw" <codestruct@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: kdesrc-build: cmake should take local (instead of system-wide) cmake modules
Regarding the difficulty finding CMake packages, kdesrc-build sets
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH already, based on your chosen install location (set by
'prefix' or the compatibility 'kdedir' option).
I looked that up in
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-utils/kdesrc-build/conf-options-table.html. I have
questions to that:
- If you say "compatibility option" do you also mean kdedir is deprecated? At least the
documentation does not say so.
- So, the prefix option sets CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH. Does this imply I don't have to export
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH on the bash prior to running kdesrc-build? What if I do anyway... will this result
in different builds?
This is my current .kdesrc-buildrc file:
kdedir ~/kde/usr # should this be replaced by prefix?
build-dir build # would ../build also be ok?
I also filed two wish reports regarding those questions:
- https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=394195 ("Warn if current environment variables do not match
with the build of other modules")
- https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=394196 ("Option to print all needed environment variables for