Web lists-archives.com

Re: I need Unicode support

On 20.03.2018 16:41, ?? ?? wrote:
I think baloo is a useful toolkit for file managing. But as a Chinese, I can't bare the lack of Chinese support of baloo. So could you tell me how to support unicode file indexing or fix this issue?
thank you.

Hi!

I've just had a quick try searching for files with some japanese characters in it. It did not work. Neither with KRunner nor with baloosearch. I'll have to take a closer look, but on first glance it appears to be a major task to make baloosearch work for chinese and other asian languages.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the best you can do for now is report your findings here if haven't done that already.

Cheers,

Michael