Web lists-archives.com

Re: Falkon in kdereview

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 6:24 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 28 February 2018 at 11:10, David Rosca <nowrep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'd like to request review for Falkon.
> Looks good to me.  I tidied up licencing and appstream bits.  There's
> some MPL-1.1 licenced files in the themes but I guess that's fine.
> I'd query why Python plugins are done with PySide, I'm not sure how
> well maintained that is and there's no packages for Debian/Ubuntu
> distros of PySide2 as far as I know.

This is just experimental now, and I expect distributions to ignore it
until PySide2 is released. It's optional both at build-time and
run-time (it is built into separate library if enabled).
PySide2 should be released later this year as official Qt Python
bindings [1], it is also easier to generate bindings than PyQt.

> Your release announcement needs to have the full fingerprint that the
> tar is signed with.

> The incubator process seems to have stalled.  Christoph can you get
> this moving again? https://community.kde.org/Incubator/Projects/Falkon
> There's no documentation but I'm not sure anyone cares about that any
> more, I'm fine without it.
> As a user I'd suggest getting rid of the default bookmarks, I don't
> have much need to visit Falkon git repo.

Default bookmarks can be changed or completely removed, I just picked
some relevant pages. Also same applies to speed dial.

[1] https://blog.qt.io/blog/2018/02/22/qt-roadmap-2018/