Web lists-archives.com

Is it bad manners to refactor other people's code?

Hi!

Currently I'm working on some code I couldn't understand until I split some long functions into smaller parts.

As I couldn't find anything about the size-of-a-function topic in the KDE or Qt guide lines I consider this as a matter of personal taste.

I don't want to step on anybody's toes, so my question is: Should I submit the refactored code as a review request or - now that I understand what is going on - weave my changes into the original code? And what do you think about this in general?

Michael