Web lists-archives.com

Re: Quick and dirty packaging

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 09:13:09PM +0800, Jonathan Schultz wrote:
> Thank you for the help.
>
> I have confirmed that my static Qt5 build includes Qt5X11Extras, that is
> the file libQt5X11Extras.a is present in <qtdir>/lib
>
> But I still get the cmake error.
>
> I tried using strace to see what files cmake looks for, and rather
> surprisingly found: 1. no references to anything that looked like
> libQt5X11Extras.a and 2. looking for other Qt5 libraries in
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ and not in the <qtdir> specified in by
> kdesrc-buildrc.
>
> I tried running cmake manually, adding -DQTDIR=<qtdir> and still nothing
> changed.
>
> So it seems that kdesrc-build and/or the cmake scripts are ignoring the
> value of qtdir. Is that possible? Or am I missing something? And is
> there a simple work-around?

static builds for Qt are outside of my experience.  Most Qt 5-using
software no longer uses QTDIR directly, rather the qmake (or qmake-qt5
depending on your distro) tool is run to query the right path for Qt
libraries.

I believe Qt installs CMake config files, so perhaps it is possible
that CMake is finding those for your shared Qt libs and then preferring
them?  CMAKE_MODULE_PATH (as an environment variable) should control
where CMake looks for CMake config files, you may want to make sure that
your /path/to/static/qt/lib/cmake is placed first in that environment
variable.

Other than that I'm not sure.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne