Web lists-archives.com

Re: KDE and Google Summer of Code 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Marco Martin <notmart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On venerdì 19 gennaio 2018 13:42:25 CET David Edmundson wrote:
> Note that they'll be finishing GSOC around the same time as 5.14, so that
> potentially means GSOC work released in 5.15.
> We shouldn't pick high priority ones that we want done before then.

basing on the priorities recorded in https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/
254/

a possible list, among the "medium":
* removable devices
* printers
* spell check
* formats

among the "high", but we can live if gets delayed a bit:
* mouse (can of worms?)
* date/time
* user manager

other suggestions?

Mouse is maybe covered by Roman's existing task?
Printers isn't part of Plasma, we need to check with the author.

But I think all of them are good options.

They're not the same size, I don't think working on date and time would take up 3 months.
Maybe we can group a few of the simpler ones together?

Go for it.
You can put me down in the list of mentors.

David

--
Marco Martin