Web lists-archives.com

Re: KDE and Google Summer of Code 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 9:42 AM, Marco Martin <notmart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Nate Graham <pointedstick@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've submitted an idea for System Settings: Improve handling for touchpads
> and mice with Libinput

Speaking of systemsettings, would be a good fit porting to qml some
medium-to-big kcm?

It's perfect.

Though I'd like us to emphasise that it's not just about doing a simple 1:1 switch of the UI layer but building on Andy's mockups with a UI redesign, doing a code tidy up, and fixing any relevant open bugs in that module at the same time.

Note that they'll be finishing GSOC around the same time as 5.14, so that potentially means GSOC work released in 5.15.
We shouldn't pick high priority ones that we want done before then.

David