Web lists-archives.com

Re: Looking for mentor for new KDE developer

El dilluns, 8 de gener de 2018, a les 8:15:54 CET, Ben Cooksley va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> Just following up on this - is there anyone who is looking into
> helping Christian here?

I don't understand why we're forcing this "he needs a mentor". As Dominik
says, he seems to know stuff since he actually ported the code.

If he needs help with "kde bureaucracy stuff" it means that we actually need
to improve our onboarding documentation, so instead of giving him someone he
can ask things in private, we should try to improve that documentation, or at
least answer the questions in this list so they are public and can be
referenced in the future.

I will be happy to answer any question he may have related to that (and
hopèfully I know the question)

Regarding the "In addition, translations would need to be imported into our
infrastructure, or recovered from our SVN history. That needs intervention by
our i18n experts, possibly before the code is imported." that Nicolás
mentioned, yes, that needs the i18n team helping, but that's what the kde-
i18n-doc mailing list is for, unless the mentor was part of the i18n team that
wouldn't get solved anyway.

Cheers,
  Albert