Web lists-archives.com

Re: Looking for mentor for new KDE developer

Hi Christian,

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:23 PM, Christian Gerloff <chrgerloff@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've recently ported the unmaintained KDE application "KuickShow" to KDE
> 5 and plan to at least keep it working in the forseeable future.
> In order to get a KDE developer account to maintain the application on
> the KDE infrastructure, it was suggested that I first find a mentor in
> case I have questions about infrastructure, development workflows,
> translations and so on.
>
> Would anyone be willing to do that?

My very personal opinion on that is:
Given you ported KuickShow to KDE Frameworks 5, it
seems to me that you already find your way around quite
nicely. Also given the fact that you are writing to this mailing
list shows that you know where to find help.
My take on this is: Ask the KDE sysadmins to turn your
KDE identity account into a developer account, add yourself to
the kderelicensecheck.pl script [1], [2], and just do your work.

In case you have questions, ask on #kde-devel for simple stuff.
Ask on kde-code-devel for tricky stuff. Ask on kde-frameworks-devel
for all things that have to do with a KDE Frameworks module.

Oh, and make sure to attend the next KDE conference this year :-)

Greetings
Dominik

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_Relicensing
[2] https://cgit.kde.org/kde-dev-scripts.git/tree/relicensecheck.pl