Question about Kwallet
- Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 14:47:06 +0000
- From: "ipkpjersi ." <ipkpjersi@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Question about Kwallet
I have a question about the Kwallet wizard and I hope I am asking in the right place as I was instructed to ask here. On Ubuntu 16.04 with Xfce 4.12 and chromium-browser when I first launch Chromium with --password-store=kwallet, I get a wizard that looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/fPL48MK.pnAfter I complete the first wizard, I am greeted with another wizard for a Chromium wallet password. When I finish both wizards, if I remove the entire ~/.kde/share/apps/kwallet directory, upon next launch of Chromium (after a reboot, of course) it only prompts me with a wizard for a Chromium wallet password and not the first wizard that I got in the screenshots above. How do I get the first wizard back - what files must I remove to restore it to a clean state and get the first wizard back again?
g and this: https://i.imgur.com/xpgp1i7.pn g
Also, while I am here, I have some other questions. What are the implications of having a strong password set in that first wizard but an empty password set in the Chromium wallet/second wizard - is it more secure than using --password-store=basic in Chromium which I believe essentially stores saved passwords in plain-text? I would hope that what I wish to accomplish (strong password in first wizard, empty password in Chromium wallet) is more secure than simply storing passwords in plain-text, I hope I can find out if that is the case.
- Prev by Date: Re: kdesrc-build setup for building qt5 before plasma
- Next by Date: Re: Building Qt with kdesrc-build
- Previous by thread: kdesrc-build setup for building qt5 before plasma
- Next by thread: Default location of the settings file on windows when using KXmlGuiWindow/KMainWindow