Web lists-archives.com

Re: Konsole doesn't search $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS for konsolerc

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:14 PM, Jason J. Ayala P. <jasonjayalap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Konsole successfully searches $XDG_DATA_HOME (~/.local/) then $XDG_DATA_DIRS (~/usr/share/my-distro-package/) for its konsole/ data directory, finding my `Shell.profile`, which is for my distro's users (Whonix).

The problem is `.konsolerc`. Konsole searches $XDG_CONFIG_HOME (~/.config/) for .konsolerc. If it doesn't find it there (which it won't upon first use), it *should* then search $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS. However, it does not. Instead it creates a default `.konsolerc` in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME. I even did `chmod -rw .konsolerc`. This makes Konsole complain, but it will never find my distro's .konsolerc via $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS.

There's more strangeness: There seems to be a "hidden" config file somewhere for Konsole. If I go into Konsole settings, I can see that Shell.profile is listed. Despite being the only profile, it is not used by default. Instead, some hardcoded profile named "Default" is used. The weirdness? If I set Shell.profile to be the active and default profile, I can see that this change is written to `~/.config/konsolerc`. If I then delete `~/.config/konsolerc` and restart Konsole, `Shell.profile` is still active! (This misled me while debugging).

Note: `Shell.profile` simply enables unlimited scrollback. I want this to be the default upon bootup for our users, configured via XDG and not /etc/skel or by changing files in ~.

I do not understand, this is a feature request without a the request on phabricator, or it's a patch so konsole will also look for XDG_CONFIG_DIRS, without the review in phabricator?