Web lists-archives.com

Re: Making Purpose part of KF5

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 11:45 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 7:35 PM, David Edmundson
<david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think having src/plugins in the framework will cause problems.

Can you please elaborate?

You'll have to have every dependency possible, and then no-one will use the lib because of that.

I'm not excited about having all the plugins inside TBH, but then I
don't see another way around that isn't having a purpose-plugins
repository (or a purpose-nextcloud, purpose-kdeconnect, etc à la ktp
;-) ).

So like kio & kio-extras? I don't think that's a huge problem.

> Also the docs need a thorough cleanup
>
> "To import it from QML, import
>     import org.kde.people 1.0"

Fixed. *rolls eyes*

> and the c++ headers need some too.

If you know other issues tell me and I'll fix it, I'm not sure what you

I opened a few header files, half the methods had some docs, the other half did not.
I'm not going to list them.

-------

One question about the way the whole thing fundamentally works:
We're moving towards a world where apps are sandboxed, binary plugins aren't going to be a thing we can really use.

As one of our resident flatpak experts, is this future proof?
If not, can we expand on the whole external process concept so that a job can be proxied through a portal?