Web lists-archives.com

Re: Latte Dock as kde project and seeking some wisdomness

El diumenge, 22 d’octubre de 2017, a les 19:34:40 CEST, Michail Vourlakos va
escriure:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Latte is in review phase in order to become kde project but this mail is
> not for this.
> I am searching for some wisdom concering QML crashes. Some users reported
> that an update in Arch crashes Latte Dock 0.7.1 even though this wasnt
> happening in the past. The update references plasma 5.11 and qt 5.9.2
>
> I pushed them in order to provide meaningful backtraces and the users
> reported with the following:
>
> trace1:
> https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1787385/31838269-052e5a92-b5aa-11e
> 7-9003-939129a70f27.png trace2:
> https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/1787385/31841784-09315bbc-b5b9-11e
> 7-81a4-9756bcf76f92.png
>
> the crash occurs by just hovering the dock. my opinion is that leads to Qt
> and is upstream but I cant be sure, I am not a QML expert.

Try asking the user to get a backtrace with the environment variable
QV4_FORCE_INTERPRETER set, this way you should probably get rid of those ???
leading to getActivationProperty and may shed some light on if you're doing
something wrong on your side.

Cheers,
  Albert