Web lists-archives.com

Re: Sending the list of files from Ark to another application via Drag & Drop

On lunedì 25 settembre 2017 03:16:52 CEST, Roman Chistokhodov wrote:
DBus interface org.kde.ark.DndExtract has a method called extractSelectedFilesTo, but I could not find a way to get the list of extracted files. Is there one?

There is no such method. But of course we can add it if there is a reason to.

Use case: Drag some file from the archive opened in Ark, drop it to another application (e.g. Kate), effectively opening the file. The application needs to know the list of files to open after their extraction. I know one can use Open with... in Ark itself, but D&D may be more natural for some users, especially considering that (AFAIK) Windows can do this with WinRar.

That would be cool. Are you trying to implement this feature?

Cheers,
Elvis