Web lists-archives.com

Re: Elisa runtime errors

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Matthieu Gallien <gallien.matthieu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your report. I am always eager to get feedback being negative or
positive.

I hope most of the ones that I'll make in the future are positive, as I'm really missing a good player in qt.

On vendredi 22 septembre 2017 11:55:27 CEST Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure if elisa has a mailing list, as I didn't found one.
> I'm trying to run it for more than a month, it compiles fines, it installs
> fine.

Not yet. I am not sure if I should ask one since currently I am mostly working
alone on it.

> org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_elisa_local_file" "The
> shared library was not found."
> Plugin search paths are ("/home/tcanabrava/Projects/install/lib64/plugins",
> "/usr/lib/qt/plugins", "/home/tcanabrava/Projects/install/bin")
> The environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set
> QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
> qrc:/MediaServer.qml:388 Type HeaderBar unavailable
> qrc:/HeaderBar.qml:138 Type MediaPlayerControl unavailable
> qrc:/MediaPlayerControl.qml:260 "Controls2.Slider.live" is not available
> due to component versioning.

It is missing a check for runtime dependency on Qt Quick COntrols version 2. I
will push a fix for that. You can also report it to bugs.kde.org, Elisa already
has a way to report bugs there.

So, After figthing it a bit I tried to fix my error, I updated QtQuick.Controls2 to 2.2 instead of 2.0, but I got the same issue,
then I commented out the line 260 on the ./src/MediaPlayerControl.qml

This made Elsia launch.

I also found a Qt bug related to versioning properties.

The strange thing is that I do have qtquick controls 2. I also hack with kirigami, that's build on top of that.

Best,
Tomaz

> Best,
> Tomaz