Web lists-archives.com

Re: Flatpak Qt/KDE runtime

Le 19 sept. 2017 17:16, "Aleix Pol" <aleixpol@xxxxxxx> a écrit :
On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 5:08 PM, Matthieu Gallien
<gallien.matthieu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello
>

> Le 19 sept. 2017 17:00, "Aleix Pol" <aleixpol@xxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
> Recently flathub started building our runtime into their systems. I
> recommend using the runtimes there. I updated the wiki to reflect the
> change:
> https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Flatpak
>
> You will possibly have to remove and add again the runtime, but other
> than that everything should work as usual.
>
> Aleix
>
> Can I point possible users wanting to test the Elisa music player to the KDE
> application repository ?

Yes, of course, this hasn't changed.

Note that I wouldn't consider it final, so I'd leave it as testing platform.
That said, you know better how your application works on flatpak than I do.

Aleix
Thanks, I was not sure if I could do it.

Apart from that, I have two pain points mostly shared with other music players:

* missing audio codecs (coming from the build of the base flatpak runtime) ;

* the portal specification does not allow selection of a directory (not sure if the technology used for the files allow a directory hierarchy).

I should ask to flatpak upstream if they have solutions for that.