Web lists-archives.com

RFC: Applications 17.12 as LTS release

Hi all,
I'm looking for feedback about the proposal of making KDE Applications 17.12 an LTS release. If there are enough developers interested, we can make this happen (see this thread [1] on release-team for some context).

Motivations for making 17.12 an LTS release:

* 17.12 due in December, next Plasma LTS due in January.
* New openSUSE and Ubuntu LTS releases due next year.
* 17.12 won't have kdelibs4 applications, so it would be a 'stable' target.

On the other hand, Albert made good points against [2][3], since an LTS branch means more work for developers. So if you think that an LTS release for Applications would be a bad idea, please say so and possibly explain why.

Thanks in advance,
Elvis

[1]: https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2017-July/010481.html
[2]: https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-team/2017-July/010487.html