RFC: Applications 17.12 as LTS release
- Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 19:23:40 +0200
- From: Elvis Angelaccio <elvis.angelaccio@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: RFC: Applications 17.12 as LTS release
I'm looking for feedback about the proposal of making KDE Applications
17.12 an LTS release. If there are enough developers interested, we can
make this happen (see this thread  on release-team for some context).
Motivations for making 17.12 an LTS release:
* 17.12 due in December, next Plasma LTS due in January.
* New openSUSE and Ubuntu LTS releases due next year.
* 17.12 won't have kdelibs4 applications, so it would be a 'stable' target.
On the other hand, Albert made good points against , since an LTS
branch means more work for developers. So if you think that an LTS release
for Applications would be a bad idea, please say so and possibly explain
Thanks in advance,