Web lists-archives.com

Re: GSoC Project Proposal: Make High-DPI awesome

Hi,

On 2017-03-22 08:03, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> I have only one application left with problems and that's krdc: when I tell it
> to create a display (for example) 640x480, it does that in device-independent
> pixels, so it actually creates an area 1280x960, which is 4x bigger than the
> display it is going to get from the network and embed from vncviewer.
>
> All other applications are working fine now that I submitted this Qt patch:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/188493

that sounds great, but that would mean for the proposal that Lukas
probably can't find enough applications to fix and should look for
another idea for his GSoC proposal ... or?

> Note that fractional scaling is not supported by Qt. You can do 1x or 2x, but
> nothing in-between.

KDE System Settings allow fractional scaling. So probably should be
fixed in System Settings (except there are other Toolkits that support
fractional scaling).

Stefan