Web lists-archives.com

Re: KIPI Plugins and Python

Il giorno Tue, 14 Mar 2017 09:03:49 +0000
Himanshu Shekhar <himanshushekharb16@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

> How about reimplementing it in Python? It's easy, scalable.

Instead of reimplementing in Python (which would add a dependency) you
may want to look at generating Python bindings that wrap the C++ API,
like PyQt and some KDE Frameworks 5 do (IIRC, they use clang to do
part of the job to generate bindings, but I didn't look at the code).

Note; I'm not sure how hard it would be, as I don't know the details of
the KIPI plugins API (I know they have however no promise of API or ABI
stability).

You may want to ask for input on the  Digikam mailing list, as well.

> the C++ helper would spawn some Python subprocess to do the entire
> task.

IMO it's going to be a little fragile.