Web lists-archives.com

Re: Can anyone that cares about appdata please fix all these files?

FWIW, that's not true I fear.

When there is no summary *and* the desktop file has no Comment (which
ours usually do not do) then appstream-generator (the distro-level
aggregation tool for appstream data) will reject the data with the
error that there is no summary. In appstream-generator there's
enforcement of what is /sane/ data and so it tends to throw out
otherwise good data on the basis of what it considers sane.

e.g. http://metadata.neon.kde.org/appstream/html/xenial/main/issues/kdepim-themeeditors.html