Web lists-archives.com

Re: Can anyone that cares about appdata please fix all these files?

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 4:23 AM, Christoph Feck <cfeck@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 17.02.2017 00:23, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>>
>> gwenview
>>
>> https://build.kde.org/user/aacid/my-views/view/KDE%20Applications%2016.12/job/gwenview%20Applications-16.12%20stable-kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/(root)/TestSuite/appstreamtest/
>

> I checked the gwenview appdata.xml file, and indeed, there is no <summary>
> tag in it, unlike e.g. in Dolphin's file.
>
> These summaries are translated, so adding it to 16.12 branch would add a
> "new string", but if the failing test is considered a bug, I can do it in
> the 16.12 branch.
>
> Otherwise, I would just add <summary> to master branch.

FWIW we've had this same problem in Plasma.

I'd say it's safe to have it in the stable branch, Software Centers
(e.g. discover) will need these values anyways.
Also it's not very useful to have CI if red means "meh".

OTOH, I'd better ask l10n'ers to make sure they won't hate us.

Aleix