Web lists-archives.com

Suggestion to Remove KFloppy and hold back K3b

We tested some legacy media at the Plasma sprint

I recommend KFloppy be removed from Applications releases.  It
couldn't find my floppy drive and when I hacked the code to tell it
where to look it depended on an external tool fdformat which didn't
work anyway.  It's only feature is to format a disc and arguably
support could be added to partitonmanager although it didn't work when
I tried it.

K3b can't create data projects so shouldn't get released until at
least that gets fixed

We seem to have no great solution to playing audio CDs, dragonplayer
doesn't understand playlists so can't select a track, amarok doesn't
see any tracks and kscd uses client side window decorations and skins
with all the evilness of that.  Vlc works fine.