Web lists-archives.com

Re: Please cleanup your scratch and clone repositories

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 5:20 AM, Milian Wolff <mail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday, November 25, 2016 7:53:10 PM CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> To help Sysadmin assess how these types of repositories would be used
>> under Phabricator, it would be appreciated if everyone could please
>> cleanup the scratch and clone repositories they're no longer using and
>> have no need to keep.
>>
>> You can get a list of repositories you have by visiting
>> https://cgit.kde.org/ or by running the below command and filtering
>> appropriately using your favourite tools.
>>
>> ssh git@xxxxxxxxxxx info
>>
>> Once you've determined the repositories to remove, they can be removed
>> by running the following two commands:
>>
>> ssh git@xxxxxxxxxxx D unlock scratch/username/reponame
>> ssh git@xxxxxxxxxxx D rm scratch/username/reponame
>>
>> Please note that the trailing .git should not be included, otherwise
>> the system will not accept your request. You can substitute
>> scratch/... for clones/... as appropriate here.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for removing unused repos!
>
> I have removed two repos that I don't need anymore, but some other's I'd like
> to keep for potential future reference. Is that OK or is KDE scratch not a
> good choice for that? If so, then I'd move these repos over to Github and
> remove them from KDE's scratch space.

At this point we haven't figured out precisely how we'll be
approaching Scratch repositories with Phabricator. We do know that
some form of Scratch repository system will be needed though.

For now you should be fine to leave the repositories where they are -
we'll give plenty of notice about how we're going to sort Scratch
repositories out.

> Cheers
>
> --
> Milian Wolff