Web lists-archives.com

Preferred way for an application to inhibit suspend on KDE

Hi,

I'm writing an application that needs to prevent the system from
suspending. I strive to support every GNU/Linux desktops, and I'm a bit
stuck with KDE. I didn't find any obvious way to do that.

On GNOME and related, I would use the D-Bus service
'org.gnome.SessionManager'. On XFCE,  it would be
'org.xfce.SessionManager'. For other environments that lack a Session
Manager, I can still rely on 'org.freedesktop.PowerManagement'.

However I found none of these on KDE. Does it mean that I should turn to
the system bus and use 'org.freedesktop.login1' (therefore assuming
systemd existence) ?

Cheers,

Arnaud