Web lists-archives.com

Custom proxy using KIO::get

Hi,

I though it might be useful for the klinkstatus link checker application to allow finding broken links of Tor hidden services.

For that it would be necessary to override system wide proxy configuration. I tried to find other kde applications that offer this possibility and found konversation which uses QNetworkProxy::setApplicationProxy .

However, klinkstatus uses KIO::get, which ignore QNetworkProxy::setApplicationProxy and seems to look only at kioslaverc config file. Is there any way to change proxy settings without writing into this config file and thus affecting global settings?

Thanks,
Paulo

P.S.: KLinkStatus was not yet ported to KF5. If proxy management has changed considerably with kf5, I will probably start by porting it.